AMEX insurance?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zombieprom, Sep 17, 2007.

1. zombieprom macrumors newbie

hey guys long time lurker, first time poster. 'bout to make the switch (macbook pro) and couldn't be happier. my question is, since apple doesn't offer "oops i stepped on my screen while i was walking to the kitchen in the middle of the night insurance" what other options do i have to cover this beautiful machine? adding something on my insurance policy is a no-no because i'm a renter. but i do have an American Express card and was wondering what kind of protection it covered me with. i know they have extended warranties and the like but do they offer accidental damage coverage? what about "OMG leopard came out and they added some awesome stuff I should have waited" insurance like with these iphone early adopters who are getting the full $200 back?

thanks.

2. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

The only time I have ever had to use my AMEX insurance was when I bought a nice new bicycle to get around campus. It was about $600 or so which was a huge deal to me as a poor college student. It was stolen 2 weeks later. I first called my insurance agent because it was covered under my renters insurance. The problem was it was a $500 deductible. As a last resort, I called AMEX. They listened to my story, had me fax them a police report and refunded the entire amount of my purchase 3 days later. That was with an AMEX green by the way.

I suggest you call AMEX and see what they have to say about it.

3. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

4. dap1215 macrumors regular

With an annual MIN speeding limit of $250,000 and $5,000 1st time setup membership fee and an annual $2500 fee, I would expect that NO would never be the answer!!!

Other wise I would call AMEX..

5. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

Thats odd. Over here, you can get a card without that membership fee, no min spending, and no annual fee. Just have buckets of gold in your bank account. ;)

6. dap1215 macrumors regular

We are talking about a certian card that is reffered to as a black card. Its true name is the Centurion Card by Amex... It has the fees I talked about in the other reply.. There are several cards from Amex that dont have the same fees or fees that are much less.