Amnesty - now $19.95!???

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
iindigo said:
Because one might like Dashboard widgets better than konfab widgets... I, for one, certainly do.
Yes, but Amnesty is an add-on to dashboard while Konfabulator is a stand alon app. I think it's at least $10 too high. I wish they would've kept it free.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
acedickson said:
Yes, but Amnesty is an add-on to dashboard while Konfabulator is a stand alon app. I think it's at least $10 too high. I wish they would've kept it free.
Actually, isn't Amnesty a stand-alone application that uses the same widgets used by dashboard.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
iindigo said:
Because one might like Dashboard widgets better than konfab widgets... I, for one, certainly do.
But this doesn't offer anymore Widgets. If you have Panther it is one thing to have Tiger Widgets, but with Tiger Konfabulator will give you twice as many Widgets (at least for now).

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
I emailed them and they said there will be a, free, lite version coming in August. I told them I liked it but didn't think it was worth $19.95.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
acedickson said:
I emailed them and they said there will be a, free, lite version coming in August. I told them I liked it but didn't think it was worth $19.95.
Oh trust me. They will make quite a bit of money off of it. That is until Leopard comes out and has a better solution that beats this solution and makes this program totally worthless.

acedickson

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
ATL
GodBless said:
Oh trust me. They will make quite a bit of money off of it. That is until Leopard comes out and has a better solution that beats this solution and makes this program totally worthless.
I really hope it doesn't take until Leopard for Apple to include the option to place the widgets on the desktop. Is there a way to email Apple with suggestions for apps?

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
acedickson said:
I really hope it doesn't take until Leopard for Apple to include the option to place the widgets on the desktop.
I agree.

acedickson said:
Is there a way to email Apple with suggestions for apps?
Yes, well not quite email, but it is linked here.