AMP Air Charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by theman510, Sep 21, 2018.

1. theman510 macrumors 6502a

Has anybody tried this charger? Keep seeing it popping up on my Facebook feed and it looks like the closest thing to AirPower that’s available now.

Reviews look good but I only see reviews on their own site. Can’t seem to find any 3rd party reviews

https://ampmobile.us/products/amp-air-charger

2. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

I’m curious as well. Have been looking for something like this for business travel.

3. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

No one? That’s discouraging.

I really want a dual charger for iPhone and Watch. And I don’t want a stand - I want it flat - just like this one (or AirPower that seems perpetually delayed). Because it would be so perfect to keep in my carry on bag, as I travel every other week or so.

Any of the designs like this one on Amazon have either terrible reviews OR fake reviews OR reviews of an entirely different product. (I hate that Amazon allows totally different products under a single listing, which combines the reviews).

4. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Well - I thought I would take a chance on this thing.

Unfortunately - it doesn’t work well.

The first few times I used it, it seemed to work just fine. But now it will intermittently fail to charge the watch. It seats well in the little divot just fine due to the magnet, and I see the charging indicator show on the watch, but then it doesn’t charge. For example, I left my watch on it while I went to dinner last night and it remained at 76% charged. Then I removed it, replaced it back on the charger, ensured it was showing as charging, and left it overnight. This morning, still 76%.

The phone charger seems to work okay, but the charging area is really small and you have to place the phone JUST right to make sure it charges, and it’s easy for it to get bumped out of place and then not charge.

Nice design and idea. POOR execution.

Do not recommend.

If anyone has found a combo iPhone+Watch charger that DOES work - please let me know.

5. theman510 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Disappointing but can't say I'm surprised. Thanks for the review.

How is there no real solution that's not $100+?!?!