AmpliTube and iRig

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Maurier, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

2. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

That's kind of cool. Too bad they charge $40 for the cable.

3. Maurier thread starter macrumors regular

It's good. Considering if you buy a piece of hardware like this it will cost you around 400$+.

Found few videos on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G20jkoPg-vM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crr8D4v8PnI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p79_hgBg3ds&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Personally I'm loving it. Apps like this make me love my ipad even more=)
    There are so MANY great music apps on the ipad it's unbelievable. Last night I bought minySynth pro and miniDrum pro and I'm having a blast with this two.
    You can make your beats on miniDrum then import them directly to miniSynth pro and record you synth melody on top of the beat. Amazing.
    Is the sound quality studio like? No it will never be able to compete with daw's like cubase , logic etc....But it's pretty damn close , don't forget you can also sample your own sounds on it=)
    I just HOPE that Korg will turn ims 20 into a midi controller.
    Also keep in mind this is the 1st gen ipad and look already what apps we have to our disposal.
    Immagine what they will be able to do with a more powerfull ipad.

4. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

Had a Vox Tonelab thingy at one point as well as their modeling amp. Actually a pretty decent amp but big and heavy (2x12). Nowadays, I'm all about vintage tube stuff. The real kind that burn your fingers.

But, this headphone amp thing is always of interest for odd times, late nights, etc.

Do you work for these guys?

5. FinalCutJay macrumors member

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

7. sarashah macrumors newbie

AmpliTube for iPad is a lot of fun, gorgeous to look at, and a clear winner when it comes to recreating the sounds of a boatload of amps and effects. Add in a way to record yourself playing and make playing along with the songs in your iTunes library and AmpliTube will truly rock.

8. BubbaMc macrumors regular

I wish Fractal Audio would get on the iOS bandwagon. They have the finest guitar modeling IP in the world.

9. nippyjun, Mar 17, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2011

nippyjun macrumors 65816

You can get it cheaper on ebay or amazon. It's definitely worth the $40 anyway.

I hope IK Multimedia does a ipad 2 launch sale on their software or some type of promo contest. I've bought the irig and some of their software already and highly recommend them.

10. bunger macrumors 6502

I was going to buy the full version to get the "extra" stuff and then realized that alot of the "extras" are included in the $20 version? For example, you have to pay another $15 to get the 8-track recorder?!? That seems kinda ridiculous not to bundle that into the full paid version. Pretty disappointing....

11. david77 macrumors regular

Is there a way to contact IK Multimedia other than through their ****** website? I'm trying to register through the iPad app but I can't because the Country drop down in the reg form doesn't work right.