aMSN Question....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by branharrison6, May 3, 2007.

1. branharrison6 macrumors member

Anyone that uses aMSN please help me. I just ordered my mac from apple a couple nights ago :) and was starting to check out a messenger program for it for when I get it. My friend has a powerbook and I installed it on there to check it out. For some odd reason though the program was very difficult to open and would never appear on the screen when the icon was clicked :confused: . What is the reasoning for this and has anyone else seen or had this happen?

Thanks,
    Brandon
    (BRAND new excited Macbook owner!!!)

2. 66217 Guest

Something must have wrong when installing, try it again. I didn't had any problems when installing it in my MB.

But if you want a good messenger, download Adium. It is by far the best messenger program out there, it is free and VERY customizable. It is even better than Messenger Live for Windows.

3. branharrison6 thread starter macrumors member

Does Adium have webcam support though? That's my biggest concern. Otherwise I'd just get windows messenger for mac. I want to put that new integrated webcam to work ;)

4. 66217 Guest

Nope, no webcam support.

Do you really use it that much? I preferred using Adium than aMSN. aMSN gives you (or at least it gave me) the impression that it is an unfinished project.

5. pavloskgr macrumors member

Use Skype for video chat

Hey, aMSN works nice (you must have done sth wrong with the installation). But you won't get sound when you video chat, only video footage. So if you want to video chat you can use skype(full screen video chat with windows users) and use Microsoft Messenger to IM with your MSN friends......As Simple as that!

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Windows Messenger for mac doesn't support the webcam by the way. You're going to have to use either Mercury or aMsn for webcam support. Well, that or skype.