Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shylad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Hi all,
Has anyone dealt with a company in the uk called Amsys??
The screen on my iMac started to go patchie so I got in touch with AppleCare.
They sent a currier to collect it and it was sent to Amsys. This was Monday of last week and the iMac was returned to me on Friday. Within minutes of me getting it back I hooked it up only to find the screen not working at all. The iMac was collected again this morning by the same currier and is on its way back to Amsys. I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues with this company.

Cheers

Dee

Last edited:

Amsys

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2011
London
Hi Dee,

We are very concerned and sorry that you have had an unsatisfactory experience with us. We take enormous pride in delivering a first class service to all of our customers and apologise you have not experienced this at this time.

We are investigating your case now and a Technician will be in contact very soon to discuss the resolution.

Thanks,
Charley @ Amsys

Last edited:

Shylad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Hi Charley,

I only posted on the forum to see if I could get any sort of feedback as I've never heard of the company and not to offend anyone, so sorry if I have.

My iMac screen was going a bit patchy and as far as I know, the fix was a straight screen replacement. It just seems strange that when I got it back, the screen wasn't working at all and according to the paperwork that came back with it, it had gone through the test process with no problems.

Dee

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2012
Hi Dee,

We are very concerned and sorry that you have had an unsatisfactory experience with us. We take enormous pride in delivering a first class service to all of our customers and apologise you have not experienced this at this time.

We are investigating your case now and a Technician will be in contact very soon to discuss the resolution.

Thanks,
Charley @ Amsys

I had a terrible experience with you a while back.

The hard drive failed on my iMac (after about 8 months) and after calling Apple Care they sent you to collect it.

The drive was replaced by you, but the replacement was making a horrible noise so you had to collect it again to replace the drive a second time.

When the iMac was returned to me the second time, there was a load of dust behind the screen ... so you had to collect it again, to "clean it".

The iMac was retuned to me (again) but dust was still appearing behind the screen ... so you had to collect it and take it back to "clean it", yet again!

The iMac actually had to be returned to you a further time for a further "clean" as the dust problem was still apparent, even after the previous "clean".

I was without my machine for ages, all in all, and this was for something as simple as replacing a hard drive.

I really wanted my machine repaired at my home but was told by you (Amsys) that you would have to repair it in your static free environment to prevent dust contamination ... ahem?

Now, approximately 4 weeks back my screen packed up (I have only had the machine for 3 years and 9 months which is not long for any computer) and I SWEAR this is due to all of the rigmarole which I encountered with the "repair" with you guys (Amsys).

My Apple Care ran out several months back so I am now stuck with a perfectly working iMac apart from a screen which does not work. I managed to lend a MBP and connected to it via target disk mode and everything works as normal, so I know it's the screen which is faulty and once again I am certain that your shoddy performance is the reason for its early death.

Completely, totally and utterly unhappy with you, Amsys.

If you "take enormous pride in delivering a first class service" I don't know how you would describe my experience?

I actually think you should do the right thing a take my machine and rectify this problem for me, as a good will gesture if nothing else ...

Amsys

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2011
London
Hey Dee,

no offence taken at all… we want to ensure that all of our customers are satisfied with the service we offer.

Cockney Rebel, please can you email me on charleya@amsys.co.uk with your contact details so that I can speak to you about the issues that you have raised so that we can rectify the situation.

Thanks,
Charley

Shylad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Hi All,

My imac came back today and have just hooked it all up.

Good news, all (so far) is well, i've checked the new screen for any dead pixels, lines and wierd patches and all seems good.

Hopefully it'll be good for a few more years :)

Cockney Rebel, did you get in touch with Charley and get your imac issues sorted??

Dee.

Sep 10, 2012
Hi All,

My imac came back today and have just hooked it all up.

Good news, all (so far) is well, i've checked the new screen for any dead pixels, lines and wierd patches and all seems good.

Hopefully it'll be good for a few more years :)

Cockney Rebel, did you get in touch with Charley and get your imac issues sorted??

Dee.

Hello Dee,

First off, I'm pleased to hear that your iMac has been returned and is fault free ... I hope it serves you well for a long time.

Thanks for asking re my own situation. I have been in touch with Amsys (Spoke with Charley, as well as the Workshop Manager) and my iMac is being collected today.

I'll keep you informed with regards to the outcome.

Take care ... and enjoy!

mcvite

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
basingstoke,uk
amsys

Hi all
I have imac 27inch went to amsys for repair as my screen was patchy,i must say i can not fault the service i received from these guys, when i got it back after 1 week everything was in perfect working order,they replaced my screen,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.