Amusing prank call

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kolax, Jul 28, 2007.

1. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Not sure on the appropriate forum to post this; move it if required - but MBP forum seems active and up for a laugh right?

In the UK, there is a new TV show called "Fonejacker". Features one man who calls up people and has animations to go with the phone call. All phone calls are real.

I noticed they were taking the p*** out of Apple's Genius bar in this particular prank call - don't think it was the actual Apple Care helpline he prank called since the response was to close a window on Windows XP, but never the less it is amusing if you like that kinda stuff. British humour I guess.

Linky

2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

That was actually quite funny.

Now I am going to go look for more.

3. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

4. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

5. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Haha. I've seen this before and I always thought it was staged. :eek:

6. MartyMoe macrumors regular

In the US there is one done with puppets, on the Comedy Central channel, might also be on the web. The name could possssssssibly be construed as (iffily) offensive, so maybe I should put it in the white invisible text as I do not want to get into trouble with the mods. The name, however, is the actual title of the show, so it is out there in public, so maybe it is just kind of slang for pulling somebody's chain. Just in case I'll be safe. All I have to do is to figure out how to do the text here.

It is/was called "Crank Yankers"

I was never a big fan- I always felt too bad for the poor people squirming on the other end of the line-- but to each their own!

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

what's offensive about the name crank yankers? chill dude, it's ok to type stuff on teh internet

8. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea Crank yankers... I didn't think it was that funny, some of it was, but most of it was stupid. There used to be a comedy team that did prank calls... forgot the name, rude boys or sumthin'. Something boys, brothers, I forgets. :rolleyes:

9. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

The Jerky Boys. Most of their stuff was even dumber than CY. Best CY sketch was Special Ed. Their email call was classic. I don't know if the vid works (it came up on a Google vid search, and I refuse to click on any link that will lead me to MySpace)

10. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

11. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

that was pretty funny. that modification to the logo was funny too!

12. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Heh not bad. I can actually see that happening as well and not being a prank. :D

13. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

14. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

If you liked this, there's a Fonejacker video podcast on iTunes (well at least on the UK store).

I'll never look at a Genius Bar sign again without imagining it says 'Penius Bar'! :eek: :D