Amzer Krystal Edge2edge clear screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobkeenan, Oct 11, 2014.

1. bobkeenan macrumors member

I went a little crazy and ordered the Amzer Krystal screen protector for the iPhone 6 when I already had an iLoome (black) coming. I have the iLoome on the phone and it good except for the thin air line along the black border. The amzer came today. Its the clear one. I got it from Amzer US. But it does not show up now except on the UK site.....odd!

Anyhow i want to try the amzer but do not want to screw up the iLoome.

Anyone try the clear Amzer edge2edge Kristal? Pics?

2. bobkeenan thread starter macrumors member

He is why I am thinking this will not work

Here is the packaging. Looks real promising.

[​IMG]

This is what you get.... Very professional looking.

[​IMG]

Here is the rub.

[​IMG]

The border around this glass has no peeling protective sheet and feel plasticy. So if I put this on my phone that clear border will sit on top of the iPhone glass curved edge without a bond of any sort, relying on the flat glass are of the phone.

This must be why iLoome and others are putting a colored border on the edges. i suspect that if I pull my iLoome off and put this one on, I will have a clear but unbonded border. So again, I suspect, because of the lack of a bond there it will not present itself as a nice black border but will look unbonded and therefore a lighter shade of gray.

so it will not go on my phone.

Note: if anyone wants to try this and promises to post pics of the result I will mail them this and they can try it. just PM me.

3. alau0115 macrumors regular

According this article/blog of a local Taiwanese cell shop (sorry it is in traditional Chinese), the coloured border is to minimize the visible effect of some tolerances of the factory glass from iPhone 6/6+ --- there is a acceptable tolerance of in the curved areas of the display.

http://moscoat.pixnet.net/blog/post/188115237

4. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I just ordered this on Amazon. Anyone try it yet? Is it thinner than iloome?

5. vince2398 macrumors newbie

Has anyone tried these to give some feedback on it?

6. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I returned it. I couldn't install it without bubbles on top left and it didn't feel as nice as the Zagg. So far I've tried the Zagg, iLoome and Amzer and the Zagg had the best quality and the right thickness. However I hated the look of it as it didn't go edge to edge. I'm going naked for now.