Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case -- Anybody using it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SR71, Apr 13, 2013.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

So, as the title says, does anybody here use an Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case with their iPhone 5? If so, how're you liking it and could you post some pictures?

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

3. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of silicone cases because of their grippyness. I hate plastic cases for two reasons: 1.) They plastic begins to crack, scratch, etc. causing it to look awful or break 2.) They're much more slippery than silicone cases.

I'll probably try out the grip, but for now, I wanted another silicone case. I had a Verizon branded silicone case which was great, but a little too thin causing the area around the speakers/lightning port to tear a bit. This Amzer one looks thicker and therefore should be harder to tear.

Yeah, it's the second link. I have the Amzer TPU case and currently do not like it very much. I'm afraid since it is a "hard rubber" kind of case that it will act like regular hard plastic cases in the sense that dirt/grime could get into the back and the hardness of the case will cause it to scratch the phone.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it is the grippiest case I ahve had. but yes I can see it will scratch. I am not worried about that grip and then durability then color/looks
    the griffin flexgrip was the best silicone case I have had. it finally tore on the bottom as it had a narrow strip there on a 4s. it lasted about a year. should be better on a iphone 5.

5. SR71, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013

SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I looked at the grip case reviews and people said the grippy parts started to peel off, further turning me off from the case. If this Amzer case is a thick silicone type case I'll love it.

6. dwaynewilliams macrumors member

dwaynewilliams

I had the grip case for my 4S and it was pretty solid. It felt very slim in the hand. The rubber didn't come off of mine, but then again, I never keep a single case on for long.

7. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

How long did you have the case for? Many people who reviewed the Candyshell Grip on amazon said that the little grippy lines on the back began to tear/rip off from daily use within a month or two. I'll probably still end up trying it because it does look like a rather nice case.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I just noticed mine starting to wear. I am pretty bummed.

9. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. I've ordered both cases to try both out and will review both. The Amzer Jelly Case should be here tomorrow and the Candyshell Grip should be here in a few days. Whichever I like more will be the one I keep. One thing to keep in mind of is that the Amzer case was only $8 while the Grip was $26. Quite a difference in price.

10. dwaynewilliams macrumors member

dwaynewilliams

I only used the case for about a month. I have since gone to slim cases. Like them much better.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

11. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

What case are you using now? I just got the Amzer Jelly case and I'm like it very much except for the area that covers the home button as it makes it annoying to press the spacebar/use Zephyr with my jailbroken iPhone, but other than that it's awesome so far. My Candyshell Grip should be here in a couple of days.

12. dwaynewilliams macrumors member

dwaynewilliams

I use the Agent 18 varsity slim shield. I also have used the elago outfit slim. Both are great cases.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I am going to see how the warranty works on the speck case. The griffin flexgrip punch I bought for my 4s was the longest lasting silicone case I have used. So I will try the 5 version of course only 3 colors.

14. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

I don't really like silicone because it's flimsy and discolors easily. TPU cases are better, in my experience. I picked up the Caudabe Streamline recently which is similar and a simple TPU case with two thin wire frames. Looks good and does the job.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the main thing about silicone is it is grippy How are these cases? I need very grippy.

16. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Finally! Someone with the Streamline. Are the two plastic frames removable or permanently stuck on? I was really looking into this case. It looks nice.