An About-Face

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by driftless, Apr 9, 2015.

1. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

I have posted numerous times that I think that the 12" Macbook is going to be an excellent device for folks like me who travel, have other devices to do the heavy lifting, etc. And, I am the perfect candidate for the Macbook. However, over the last several days, I have decided to stick with my iMac & iPad combination. My reason is that I prefer iOS for my mobile device. I can do all of the email, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, etc., work from my iPad. I have bluetooth keyboard if I am going to be writing a lot, which I can leave at home if I am not. The new Photos app for Mac and iCloud allows me download all of my SD cards and work on them later on my iMac. I can export photos to LR/PS for serious work. Adobe has created wonderful mobile apps which work very well with Adobe CC. Some of the apps that I use the most require cellular data. GPS is important for some apps as well. The only thing that I need a laptop for is video work, for that a Macbook is not the right tool.

FWIW - I don't like most of the conversation about the Macbook as most of MacRumors is not the target consumer. The whining about the trash can Mac Pro, the awful 5K iMac, etc., was ridiculous.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I definitely prefer OS X. I'm just wanting a super portable Mac that has a great screen. But I don't have an iMac or anything, so my laptop is my only Mac. Sounds like you made a decision that was best for you. Myself, I need OS X on the go.

3. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

Awesome, one less person to compete with for launch :p

4. driftless thread starter macrumors demi-god

driftless

OS X is my work horse, but I have an iMac.

----------

I would have maxed it out on-line.

5. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

my comment stands!:cool: