An "accessibility issue" w/ an iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Keukasmallie, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Keukasmallie macrumors regular

Keukasmallie

Bought an iPad 3 for my wife. She has difficulty with touching the right place in the right manner on the screen. Some of the problem is a physical tremor, some of it is frustration caused by the tremor.

So, any thoughts out there...would a stylus help? Is there an adjustment that can be made,,,,anything else?

Thanks for your consideration of this problem!

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Using a stylus might help. Can't hurt to try. I use one on occasion with my iPad because I find it's more accurate for some things.

3. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

Have you looked at the accessibility options in the Settings? There might be a way to adjust touch sensitivity, or to zoom the screen in to make the touch targets bigger.

I'm curious about this too, because my sister has ataxia and dysarthria, and was considering getting in iPad to use for various things.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The only thing I can think of is to try zooming in.

It would make everything bigger, so pressing UI elements would be a bit easier.

At the end of the day, touch screens are just not that great for people with some conditions to use.