An adventure promo teaser

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FrankieTDouglas, Jul 28, 2012.

1. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I normally frequent other sections of the website, but would love to have your feedback on this quick teaser video. In Maine next summer, a friend and I are co-teaching a class for high school students on idea-centric projects that span photography, video, audio, animation, and etc etc. We decided to make a teaser video to help promote the class. Decided on creating something that would help capture the energy that the class would have. We filmed Tues-Thurs, and then spent that whole night and into Friday morning editing it. We're stepping away for a day and then going back in for a re-edit with fresh eyes. If any of you give it a look, we would certainly appreciate any comments you might have on helping make it better. Thanks!

https://vimeo.com/46516895

2. FrankieTDouglas thread starter macrumors 65816

3. heyimandy macrumors member

I like it! It's well put together. The only suggestion I would have is to bring in some of the narrative sound from your clips to ride out with some of the music in the shots. Like car coming out of garage, film projector running, and maybe some "woosh" sound for putting clothing on.

4. prss14 macrumors regular

prss14

I liked it. Curious. What did you use to shoot/edit?

5. FrankieTDouglas thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! We pondered adding the sound effects, but pondered away from it with the reductionist mantra of "if an idea is reached without something, don't add it in and make it busier." But might be worth a shot, just to see.

We shot everything on a Canon 5DII, except for the slow motion door rising (Canon 60D). Used a combination of 21mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 100mm Ziess lenses, except for the occasional Canon 24-70L or Canon 70-200L for the zooms or trailer car shots. Edited everything together with Final Cut Pro 7 (can't find anyone I work with who is even close to a fan of FCPX). Various lighting setups, including even car headlights bounced off a silver swinging board for the entrance to the slide shot.