Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zali0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
I've got my Juniper UAC exam in London in a few weeks which is in the morning but I'm free in the afternoon.

I'm up for some interesting ideas on what to do in the afternoon, I've done all the museums, all the touristy things (Big Ben etc). I'm thinking something along the lines of an undiscovered little gem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Have you been to Greenwich? Its really nice there and you could take the riverboat there. This afternoon is going to be really warm so you would probably want to be outside...

zali0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
No I haven't actually, quite like the idea of taking the boat. Where does it start/finish?

mooblie

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
The Highlands, Scotland
How about H.M.S. Belfast, if you're into that sort of thing?

Hms_belfast.jpg

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Years ago, I took the boat to Greenwich which housed Maritime Museum, with the time GMT line and the beautiful clipper ship, the Cutty Sark; it's lovely and I took a boat from the Embankment.

I also did the boat trip to Heny VIII's palace at Hampton Court which was another lovely day trip. If you're looking for a hidden gem in London itself - and it's a rotten day - I'd suggest you take a look at the Wallace Collection which was one of the most charming - and eclectic - museums I have ever visited.

Cheers, good luck and enjoy

zali0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Kent, UK
I've done the HMC Belfast thing but am considering the Greenwich ferry :) Or knowing my luck I'll just end up walking round the streets.

Intel Inside

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2008
Try the design museum, google it.

Even if you've been there before they change the displays every few months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.