An all Windows based Video Production Company?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by corbin_a2, Oct 28, 2009.

1. corbin_a2 macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2002
    I am a graphic designer at a local video production company that is 100% Windows based. We are a small company of less then 30 employees.

Except for me, and a few others, most of my co-workers are very anti-Macintosh. We have 12 edit suites all using Adobe Premier or DPS Velocity running Windows XP. I myself am forced to use Photoshop on a XP Windows box. This can’t be very common. Just wondering, am I in the Twilight Zone or what? :confused:
  2. FX120 macrumors 65816

May 18, 2007
    Nope. I work with several other companies in my area who are either completely or 95%+ Windows.

Print shops IMO are the heavily converted world. The video/ photography world is still pretty well split up.
  3. camiloken macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2009
    Small office

I have an engineering company of about 30 people. 95% Mac OSX. No problems at all.
  4. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

Dec 21, 2008
    I guess my question would be so what? Is your company profitable? are you able to get your job done? are your products well recieved? I don't think your customers care on what system its created on, and i would probably say, unless you have maxed out both software and specs, the rest is just preference.

5. arjen92 macrumors 65816

Sep 9, 2008
    Below sea level
    Yeah, microsoft didn't care that their "get a pc" commercials were made on mac's, and that that company only uses mac's.
  6. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

Dec 21, 2008
    I think they cared about the price they paid for a service they wanted. From my point of view, the add's were very effective thus they did the job, and they still enjoy 90% market share.

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007

Not really. Usually it's just people that don't do their research (AKA, listens to bloated IT department / biased IT guy).

How Macs cut costs:
    Danish Police High Tech Control Center runs on Apple Computers

Philadelphia International Airport uses Macs to reduce cost

Sounds like if they want good work, they need to go to Mac based company. ;)