An all Windows based Video Production Company?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by corbin_a2, Oct 28, 2009.

1. corbin_a2 macrumors regular

I am a graphic designer at a local video production company that is 100% Windows based. We are a small company of less then 30 employees.

Except for me, and a few others, most of my co-workers are very anti-Macintosh. We have 12 edit suites all using Adobe Premier or DPS Velocity running Windows XP. I myself am forced to use Photoshop on a XP Windows box. This can’t be very common. Just wondering, am I in the Twilight Zone or what? :confused:

2. FX120 macrumors 65816

FX120

Nope. I work with several other companies in my area who are either completely or 95%+ Windows.

Print shops IMO are the heavily converted world. The video/ photography world is still pretty well split up.

3. camiloken macrumors newbie

Small office

I have an engineering company of about 30 people. 95% Mac OSX. No problems at all.

4. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

I guess my question would be so what? Is your company profitable? are you able to get your job done? are your products well recieved? I don't think your customers care on what system its created on, and i would probably say, unless you have maxed out both software and specs, the rest is just preference.

5. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Yeah, microsoft didn't care that their "get a pc" commercials were made on mac's, and that that company only uses mac's.

6. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

I think they cared about the price they paid for a service they wanted. From my point of view, the add's were very effective thus they did the job, and they still enjoy 90% market share.

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Not really. Usually it's just people that don't do their research (AKA, listens to bloated IT department / biased IT guy).

How Macs cut costs:
    Danish Police High Tech Control Center runs on Apple Computers
    http://obamapacman.com/2009/10/danish-police-high-tech-control-center-runs-on-apple-computers/

Philadelphia International Airport uses Macs to reduce cost
    http://obamapacman.com/2009/10/philadelphia-international-airport-uses-macs-to-reduce-cost/

Sounds like if they want good work, they need to go to Mac based company. ;)