An alternative for Zite?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by BB.King, Sep 29, 2012.

1. BB.King macrumors regular

Hi all,

Does anybody have a good alternative for Zite? I'm using the iPhone 5, and the app have not been updated yet. Since I use Zite to catch up all my tech news which is around 1/3 usage on my iphone, I really want something that takes advantage of the longer screen.

I'm look for a new aggregate/suggestion service, something Flipboard and Google current does not do and I don't like the layout of those apps. I aslo have Pulse which I love for the simple/logic structure, but it is not so good as Android version, since I can't hide read news and change to black background.

Many thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Can't offer anything as an alternative but I hope they update soon! I use this app all the time both on my iPhone and iPad. Love it!

4. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Pulse, which is similar to Zite, is worth a look. I like Zite's layout on the iPad and prefer Pulse on the iPhone.

5. boobie12 macrumors 6502

try prismatic, loving it more then flipboard or zite

6. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Thank you for suggesting this! I had never heard of this app, but I just downloaded, and it's AMAZING. I instantly deleted Flipboard after trying it out.

7. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Pulse is my favorite on iPhone & iPad.

Easily customized to provide the content you like, it's my hands down must have app. It's getting better also, as they continue to refine it with desktop access & more planned.

8. boobie12 macrumors 6502

not a problem, app is sweet.

9. natiberk macrumors newbie

Give Riversip a try. Not yet suited for iPhone 5 dimensions, but I guess it'll work great regardless.