An amazing idea...

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Quite honestly I'm surprised apple didn't think of this but how cool would it be if when you launched the iPod app the back glass panel suddenly became a touch screen. You could double tap to go forward a song, triple tap to go back a song, etc...just like the shuffle controls.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Quite honestly I'm surprised apple didn't think of this but how cool would it be if when you launched the iPod app the back glass panel suddenly became a touch screen. You could double tap to go forward a song, triple tap to go back a song, etc...just like the shuffle controls.
why do that when you can single tap the front screen? :confused:

Comment

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Because you could be in other apps and switch songs without having to use multi tasking.

Comment

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
this would make the using the ipod more frustrating than it needs to be.

i can see people accidentally skipping songs easily.

Comment

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Yes, because people triple tap the back of their phone all the time.... (face palm)

Comment

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
could be possible

apple patented touch sensitive bezels, gesture controls with the camera, etc.

Comment

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yes, because people triple tap the back of their phone all the time.... (face palm)
it's actually pretty easy to accidentally double or triple tap the back of the phone.

remember, you're not the only user of the iPhone.... (face palm)

Comment

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Great idea if you want every iPhone case manufacturer to go out of business.
This.

Still, it's an idea. Keep thinking different OP. Much better to read unusual ideas, good or bad, than bumper tweets.

Comment

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
You mean it's a great idea if you want to sell more bumpers...... Damn steve should hire me.

Comment

Gryzor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
I know, how about when you launch the iPod app, you use the same front screen to navigate tracks, you know, the same front screen you just used to launch the app in the first place... :rolleyes:

Just because Apple patented something, it does not mean that it is a good idea or that they will implement it. All they are doing is stopping others from using the concept.

Comment

satirev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2010
I know, how about when you launch the iPod app, you use the same front screen to navigate tracks, you know, the same front screen you just used to launch the app in the first place... :rolleyes:

Just because Apple patented something, it does not mean that it is a good idea or that they will implement it. All they are doing is stopping others from using the concept.
So when you listen to music, you stay on the music page the whole time? You're one of the only ones.....

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.