An App for improving photos.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mirai 11, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

Hello
    I use my iPhone camera at least 5 times a week, be it if i'm at a restaurant, or just on the tube, but for all the camera apps, i haven't found one that really enhances the photo to it's best. This could be from sharpening certain details, or exposing parts of the picture.
    I'd like an app that can do this, but effectively.
    Any recommendations at all?

2. Daniel.steel macrumors member

Instagram

First thing that springs to mind is Instagram. You can now print out those Instagram using iPrintagram from the AppStore. I know sometimes the filters don't enhance the pictures as much as you would expect but i would give it a go. :)

3. benaq macrumors newbie

Snapseed is probably what you're looking for. I haven't had much personal experience with it; I got it from one of those Starbucks promotion codes and I haven't used it much. However, I do know it has been lauded for its extensive features.

4. Comeagain?, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012

Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

iPhoto is $4.99 USD if you want the iOS version. And $19.99 USD if you don't have the most recent version, and want it.

5. Mirai 11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

I use instagram, but it doesn't meet what i need this for.
    I was keen on iPhoto, but even though it's universal, it does seem better suited to the iPad..

6. psonice macrumors 6502a

NightCap (disclaimer: I wrote that one) and snapseed.

NightCap: use it in low light, it uses longer exposure than other apps, so you'll get a brighter, less grainy photo (but you'll need to hold the camera still or rest it against something). See this thread for some unbiased opinions + example shots: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1317353

SnapSeed does all the other useful improvement stuff pretty well. I have that and iPhoto, and I'd say they're good at different things - if you just want to improve the detail + bring out the definition a bit, snapseed is a bit better for that. (Although I would recommend iPhoto instead for general colour tweaking, touch-ups etc - it's much better in general and works well enough on the phone!)