An app for that? Weights

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by someone28624, Nov 14, 2010.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I need to get my rear in gear and get in better shape. My work outs have largely focused on cardio, which I know is a flawed technique. I want to add more weights in the mix. My problem is that I'm having trouble remembering which machines I used last time at the gym, and on what weight setting. Is there an app that will let me track machines used, weights, and let me check to make sure I'm hitting all muscle groups?

2. terryfish169 macrumors newbie

Wouldn't an index card and a pen be simpler? Just a thought.

3. yourwiseguy macrumors regular

yourwiseguy

Yeah simply writing down might be a little easier but if you're looking for an app that could give you instruction on what and where you should be working out you can try iFitness. It does allow you to track your progress and saves routines.

4. JeffLebowski41 macrumors regular

iFitness will let you track all that stuff and let you either build your our routines or choose from some preset ones targeting specific goals. I highly recommend it.

5. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yeah, iFitness has great reviews. I bought it a couple of months ago when I began working out, but I realized I didn't really have much of a need for it, so I haven't used it and it's just been on my iPhone.

The developers have been very active though, and they're constantly adding more exercised, machines, and retina display support on their images.

I would also suggest this app.