An app idea

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sandbag1, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Sandbag1 macrumors newbie

I'm not knowledgeable enough nor do I care to do something like this, but this is my idea. I'd like to get an app either through the App Store or Cydia something as described below.

The idea comes from my Garmin GPS. When I turn on my Garmin and I am at a predetermined "home site", the GPS location automatically unlocks the GPS so I don't have to.

I like keeping my iPhone locked with a passcode but when I'm home I would like not to have to do this. I've searched for something like this but haven't found it yet.

If you are an app developer or know one, could you see if this would be possible?

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

I know this is as helpful as you would like but i remember there being a app in cydia which worked like that but i'm not sure what it was called maybe someone here knows or maybe google would help you

This isn't the one but CleverPin is the first that came up in google that i found

3. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

I seem to remember a cydia app that does something like this. I think it would use wifi access points to determine if you were home to and to not use a passcode then.

4. mikephotos macrumors newbie

CleverPin sounds like what he's looking for. I've been using it for a while and works great.