An app to consolidate FREE storage in cloud apps? (dropbox, Sugarsyc, etc)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    All of the different cloud storage services like dropbox, sugarsync, google drive, skydrive, and more, all have some set free amount of cloud storage, typically 2-5gb. It would be amazing if someone created an app/product that could consolidate all of that free storage into one place.

I understand that there are apps (like readdledocs for example) which allow you to log into many individual cloud services allowing you to view/manage them all in one place. But that's not exactly what I'm talking about. That is sort of like a filesystem to access all the services. I would like to create an account with one service, let's call it AllCloud. Then AllCloud would automatically create an account for me from a handful of other cloud services. Then consolidate all the free storage so I would have (for example) 25gb of cloud storage that I can access seamlessly through AllCloud. It would make the "filesystem" of all the cloud services invisible to me, the user.

I could see it having a few limitations like not allowing any files larger than the largest free storage service or maybe some difficulties when the storage is nearly full because various files would have to be shuffled around to make room for each new added file.

Does anybody know if there is an app like this, or if it is technically possible, or if it is even legal?

2. lauzer macrumors newbie

Not sure but think GLADINET do something along these lines...?