An app to join .001 files?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by GiovannyLira, May 16, 2014.

1. GiovannyLira macrumors newbie

Well, the title pretty much sums it up. How can I join .001 files on my iPad? I tried downloading every free app that manages .rar files but none of them seem to work. I have the files on Documents by Readdle. Something I could try?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is no such thing as a ".001" file. What you appear to have is a segmented RAR archive. The individual segments except one have sequentially numbered extensions: .001, .002, ..., .011, .012, .rar. You need dearchiving utility that joins the segments and then decompresses them. On a desktop computer, the traditional dearchiving utility is unRAR. However, Stuffit Expander, The Unarchiver, and others will do as well.

The process require you to
    • Assemble all segments of the archive in a single folder.
    • Double-click on the .rar segment.
    • The dearchiving utility will automatically collect the other segments to create a single .rar archive and then will dearchive the .rar archive.

Dearchiving utilities such as RarExtractor are available for iOS on the iTunes Music Store. If, however, you have a desktop/laptop computer, then I recommend that you use your traditional computer to join the segments and extract the contents from the archive. The upload the contents to your iPod.

3. Spudboy2014 macrumors newbie

I use Archives on my iPhone. It's not really pretty how it works but it does the job.