An App to track lightbulb usage.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by From A Buick 8, Jun 19, 2011.

1. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have done some searching but I am not finding anything. I am looking for an App that will help me track lightbulb usage in our house. I am just using notes right now but thought there might be an app out there thatched a better job. I would like to track when a bulb Is changed out, how long it last, what type and location and then also create a shopping list.

2. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

Wow :) We just keep a dozen or so extra in a cabinet and replace them when they burn out.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I think Numbers would be the best app for that. All you need is a simple spreadsheet. I'm not a programmer, but I think building an app for what you describe would be more trouble than it's worth. As for the shopping list, I think there are plenty of apps for that.

4. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Thank you for the replys. Yes I do keep several of them on hand but I am always wondering how long they actualy last and was just wondering if anyone had ran across anything to track them with.

I can just keep using notes or build something something using a spreadsheet app.

5. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I agree in thinking that most solutions can be created via a spreadsheet. It may not look as nice as a catered app, unless of course you fancy it up with images. Personally, I like adding that grey iOS stitched background to most of mine. :)

6. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

You could use Evernote for this. Just create a note like "changed bulb in bedroom." The note will automatically be time-stamped with the date of the note so you know when you changed it. You could even snap a picture of the bulb and attach it to the note. then you could later search in Evernote for "bulb" or whatever and see all the notes you've created for bulbs and when they were changed.

7. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

Come to think of it, a personal database app like Bento would also work really well for this.