Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
So I have a 3gs 32 gb & a 9000(bold) both are great and under my family plan. My question(s) is that I want to switch my sim from my 3gs to my bold so I can keep my original # from my bold. By switching the sims and calling AT&T to confirm that the numbers where switch I would like to cancle the new line which I had for the 3gs but now will be using it for the black berry. Am I going to get hit over with the Orginal price of the iPhone (even though I switch the sims and numbers over?) I don't care about. The ETF I'll pay it.

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
So I have a 3gs 32 gb & a 9000(bold) both are great and under my family plan. My question(s) is that I want to switch my sim from my 3gs to my bold so I can keep my original # from my bold. By switching the sims and calling AT&T to confirm that the numbers where switch I would like to cancle the new line which I had for the 3gs but now will be using it for the black berry. Am I going to get hit over with the Orginal price of the iPhone (even though I switch the sims and numbers over?) I don't care about. The ETF I'll pay it.

You'll need to get the data plans moved over. I just did somethign similar with my Wife's SIM and my iPhone SIM. The ATT Rep screwed the phone number transfer from our old provider and were told the simplest thing was to swap SIMs.

What I want to know is if it matters that the iPhone is now running with a SIM it WASN'T activated with (both ATT). Does that matter when it comes to upgrade the firmware etc.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
You'll need to get the data plans moved over. I just did somethign similar with my Wife's SIM and my iPhone SIM. The ATT Rep screwed the phone number transfer from our old provider and were told the simplest thing was to swap SIMs.

What I want to know is if it matters that the iPhone is now running with a SIM it WASN'T activated with (both ATT). Does that matter when it comes to upgrade the firmware etc.

It seems simple, but I don't feel like getting screwed over. I'll talk to my friends that work for AT&T to help me out.

pelicanflip

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2009
NYC
It seems simple, but I don't feel like getting screwed over. I'll talk to my friends that work for AT&T to help me out.

Yeah, be sure to get it sorted out and see if they can provide you with a case number or a reference of some sort, so you can follow up if anything goes wrong.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
Yeah, be sure to get it sorted out and see if they can provide you with a case number or a reference of some sort, so you can follow up if anything goes wrong.

I'll mos def get a case or ref #. (well I'll try, most of the reps r idiots unless it's a cute girl then I'll see what me n her can work out.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.