An Apple Special Event?

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
879
0
Not sure if this lends and validity to this or not, but I forgot to post that the Flickr user's name is Gizmodo_1. Could be someone who works for Gizmodo.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
AtHomeBoy_2000 said:
Not sure if this lends and validity to this or not, but I forgot to post that the Flickr user's name is Gizmodo_1. Could be someone who works for Gizmodo.
It's fake. Most definitely fake.
 

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
879
0
MovieCutter said:
What the heck is that background? New iPod Nano with wooden enclosure?
The iPod nano invite was a jean pocket and the FrontRow was a curtain. Apple is kind of known for using "abstract" backgrounds.
 

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
1,401
0
CO
AtHomeBoy_2000 said:
The iPod nano invite was a jean pocket and the FrontRow was a curtain. Apple is kind of known for using "abstract" backgrounds.
Yeah but at least those made sense - the iPod Nano fit in the jean pocket, the curtains represented movies/entertainment (Video iPod, iMac).

But wood? Shrug....:rolleyes:
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
AtHomeBoy_2000 said:
The iPod nano invite was a jean pocket and the FrontRow was a curtain. Apple is kind of known for using "abstract" backgrounds.
They weren't abstract. The nano invite was a picture of the change pocket on the jeans, Steve referred directly to it when he pulled the nano out of that very pocket.

The curtain was a theatre curtain announcing the arrival of videos on iTunes and an iPod capable of playing them, as well as a new Mac interface that allowed for couch-based navigation of media.

The backgrounds were heavily tied into the release.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,966
375
I still like my OS 11 special event invitation...

Yep, a whole new style for a whole new OS:


Wish I hadn't lost my other mock-ups:

- Magnifying glass iPod video invitation, "and you thought a 12" screen was small."
- eMac, iPod mini "You won't guess what we're discontinuing next" special event.
- The beer-powered BoonPod.
 

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
1,856
0
NG9, England
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
Yeah but at least those made sense - the iPod Nano fit in the jean pocket, the curtains represented movies/entertainment (Video iPod, iMac).

But wood? Shrug....:rolleyes:
Oh come on, read above. It quite clearly refers to the Woodcrest powered MacBook Pro.;)