An Apple Youtube?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TrentS, Mar 29, 2012.

1. TrentS, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012

TrentS macrumors 6502

TrentS

I've always wondered why Apple hasn't come out with their own version of the Google ran Youtube. Since Steve Jobs hated Google/Android, why didn't he create Apples own video community?

If you haven't already noticed, if you are on an Apple portable device, you cannot view Youtube videos that are AdSense enabled, unless you view them on a Apple Youtube app, thus eliminating all the money generating ads. I don't think it's a matter of Apple not wanting to run Flash on their portable devices ( thus draining battery life ). I think it's more of Steve Jobs and Apple not wanting to help Google generate revenue thru all their web page ads.

I believe Apple should start it's own video community site, and call it something like iVideo. Tell me what you think.

:eek::eek::eek:

2. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Maybe if they had done it a few years ago, but at this point it's not really a plausible option.

3. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

There's already Vimeo and Youtube. They are both pretty open. Is there really a need for another video streaming website?

4. TrentS thread starter macrumors 6502

TrentS

If Apple wishes to compete against Google on all markets, sure there is a need! I am 100% confident Apple could do a better job at it also. They sure as heck could make it more user friendly and more eye-pleasing. Youtube's new look, IMO, was a step backwards. Plus the ads on Youtube is a HUGH cash cow for Google. I can't even fathom how much revenue all those ads bring in for Google on a daily basis.

Heck, Apple can appoint me in charge of a new iVideo, and help them generate another 100 Billion in capital over the next 10 years.

:):):)

5. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

If Apple could control all content, it would help their platform a lot. It's currently not possible and ad revenue from a video aggregator won't be too high. Granted, youtube could use some ui improvements and make it a little easier to consume and create content but for right now, it's pretty good. Any other ideas for revenue generation?