An Article From Gizmodo which claims the june release is doubtful

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrmarts, Feb 6, 2009.

1. mrmarts macrumors 65816

Hello all this is my first post and iam first time apple person so go easy on me lol, Just like many of you out there I'am sick to death of hearing about the next gen iphone. Today i was glancing at gizmodo and noticed this article thought it would be good for a glance.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/02/nextgeneration_iphone_3gs_june_release_rumour_doubtful-2.html#more

Iam now on my 7 month on a 2 year contract so iam in no hurry to get another phone, it would be good in a way if they release iphones every year so when my contract ends i will have something to look forward to:D!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Schiller said June, therefore June.

Just because one untrustworthy site posts info doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Jeez, just look at macosrumors.com... none of their speculation is right at ALL, and only the news articles have any measure of truth.:D

3. mrmarts thread starter macrumors 65816

well we just have to wait till jobs makes his magical appearance in june till than it can be anybodys guess to what the next iphone release will offer us both hardware and software.

Iam only hoping that the next firmware is going to be compatible with the current iphone.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

schiller said that certain product lines have natural update cycles, and the iphone's was june, though his words shouldn't be taken as a guarantee. we'll likely see one this summer, but you only have to look at last year to know the june date isn't everything.

5. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I'd always assumed the rumour in the paper in question had been cribbed by a journo from this site in the first place frankly.

I don't see anything here to suggest a June release is "doubtful" however - there's no rumoured delay, and Shiller's statement still seems the logical assumption to follow. Especially when matching up to the other rumours and Apple's acquisitions. It also sorta explains (not justifies) why 2G/3G iPhone software development seems to have been effectively abandoned.

Phazer

6. kzoojason76 macrumors member

And Steve said Push Notification in Sept, but we didn't see that.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

September 2009. Mark it on the calendar!

8. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

That article is ridiculous.

Yea so some guy says "The next iPhone will probably be here in June"

Which in the first place the original story was a bit odd. They were claiming the iPhone 3G would be out Feb 15th and then a new one in June? What?

Oh and suprise suprise, the next day a site reports it was inaccurate. C'mon!

They might as well have picked a random "iPhone in June" thread from here, told the world that I (or Tallest :D) said the iPhone will be here in June, then report the next day that I (or Tallest :D) was an unreliable resource.

"I" say the iPhone will be here on June 29th, when Steve makes a triumphant comeback! Quick someone send it in!!!

9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k