An Artist I'd Like to Recommend

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hi there,

After watching Kyle XY I've discovered a new artist which I love, and would like to recommend him to you all.

Matthew Perryman Jones

You'll find him on iTunes (US and UK), and songs I'd recommend include:

Save You,
    Waiting On the Light to Change,
    Hard Times,
    Echoes of Eden and,
    Beneath the Silver Moon.

For me personally he is one of those rare artists who I think all his songs are great. If you like Matt Nathanson / Josh Ritter I think you'll like him. Very chillout.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

As predictable as Kyle XY is and as one-dimensional as all the characters are, there's something deeply irresistible about it. :eek: Although I haven't watched recent episodes (if it's still on?) because I don't remember to add it to my DVR schedule (I watched the earlier episodes online).

I'll check out the singer -- thanks -- although I don't recognize either of the two people to whom you said he's similar. :D

3. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

OMG! I love Kyle XY... only the first 5 episodes are available on iTunes in the UK... so I had to do some 'downloading'. I'm on Season 2 and you're right, it's addictive. I find it slightly deep - or maybe I'm as one dimensional as the characters and this is how :p.

It was renewed for a third season, of 10 episodes, airing 2009. You better get caught up!

Oh and I'd recommend Matt Nathanson - I Saw, and Bent and Josh Ritter - Good Man, Girl in the War, Right Moves and Empty Hearts. :)