An AT&T Success Story - OBX

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Small White Car, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

After all the horror stories around here, I thought I'd share a good experience I had.

The Outer Banks in North Carolina have excellen 3G coverage. Like, way better than Washington DC coverage. And I'm talking about Hatteras village (a remote area), not just Nags Head.

And it's FAST. I hit 1.7 Mbps once. I've never beat 1.2 at home. Last year, I got 1 bar on T-Mobile, and that only worked 50% of the time.

Anyway, I thought people would like to know that AT&T can do it right sometimes. Hopefully this is an example of what they're working towards everywhere else.

2. Xtgirl macrumors regular

I noticed that too...while it made me very happy to finally have decent cell coverage on vacation in the OBX....Southern Shores was a black hole before....it made me very angry that DC would be soooooooo much worse than a place like the OBX.....come on...it's our nations capitol.....we should get the same or better reception than at the beach...

3. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

Well what brought me to the iPhone was AT&T, whos service is much better where i live in FL than my previous carrier, VZW. When I moved here I was lucky to get 1 bar with Verizon where with AT&T i get 2-3 on average and no dead spots in my house or my area.