An couple things I wish Apple would add....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Excellerator, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

1) In Itunes, make it so you can see up to 9 iPhone/iPod Touch screens on your PC. Then you could drop and drag to arrange the icons they way you want. This would be SO much easier than moving from screen to screen on the phone.

2) Another idea, make it so you can have a folder for Applications, Games, Productivity, etc and place apps into that screen. Maybe with a tab like interface to move between screens. IF you want a certain app on the main screens (as I know sometimes you do), you can create a shortcut icon that way. Sorta like how Windows does it now. (Not sure Macs do that or not.)

What does everyone think of these ideas?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The first one would be difficult to set up as UI. I'm sure Apple could do it but I think it would be messy.

And you want aliases? That would make the iPhone completely unbearable. And yes, Macs do that. They're aliases, not shortcuts.

3. Excellerator thread starter macrumors 6502a

The first one might be messy, but so is the current way.

What I meant in the second one, is to group all the lesser used apps under one folder for its type (maybe get that from the Itunes Store). Then if you want it on the page make an alias (thanks for answering) for such apps you use quite a bit.

4. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

If you want folders, just jailbreak your iphone and use a app called Categories.
    Works like a dream.

5. Excellerator thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will be jailbreaking now that 2.1 fixed the annoying bugs. Just waiting for a Winpwn to be updated for 2.1. :D

Thanks for the tip.