an Daemon Tools Equivalent for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tkjazzer, May 6, 2007.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'm a PC user and I enjoy using Daemon Tools. I just got a mac and was wondering if there is equivalent software like this for Mac so I can upload my favorite karate DVD. However, I don't just want to capture only the video since I like the DVD menu and controls. I'd like to make it in to some sort of .iso or whatever to then watch it from the HD. Thanks!!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If I understand you correctly, this functionality is built into OS X. Open Utilities -> Disk Utility. Insert the DVD and use File -> New Disk Image from folder or device (either one). Should be self-explanatory. By default, the image format used is ".dmg" and is generally a Mac thing, although ISOs can be read without any problem. EDIT: If you really end up wanting ISO specifically, you can look at this.

For movies that have protection from doing this, you may need MacTheRipper, which does the same thing, but deals with things like region encoding that might prevent you from viewing a legitimately owned disc.

3. soho macrumors newbie

soho

I recommend using Handbrake, which works on all kind of platforms.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It works on every platform, but it doesn't do what the OP asked for on any platform, does it? :D