An "Elegant" Alarm For the Timbuk2 Messenger Bag?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MICHAELSD, Apr 17, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I think I'd like a little extra peace of mind with my Timbuk2 Messenger Bag when carrying my iPad. Is there an "elegant" alarm (nothing bulky or odd-looking) that I can attach to the flap on my bag or something that I can set then when you open the flap (or something similar) you need to enter a password in x seconds or a loud alarm goes off? Something like that that is very slim, maybe with capacitive numeric buttons, would be nice.

2. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Elegant?

First off what you're describing sounds pretty niche, so i wouldnt be too picky about what it looks like..

Second, while Timbuk2 makes quality backpacks...I'd hardly call them "elegant".
    More sporty.

3. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I explained that I just didn't want the alarm looking too bulky or odd, that's what I put elegant in quotation marks. Some of Timbuk2's bags can look a little elegant, particularly if you create your own.

4. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I remember my mom (over 15 years ago) had a small (about the size of iPhone or bigger) device that attached to her purse. It had 2 pieces; 1 was the unit and the other was similar to a headphone plug. When pulled out, it was LOOOOUUUD.

Maybe you could find something similar that women might use today on their purses?

I think he means something that doesn't interrupt the design of the bag.

5. mac jones macrumors 68040

I have a few these Timbuk2's

the messengers I have, have two buckles, so you would need to secure both of them as someone could reach in with just one secured.

It doesn't seem practical with that model. Surely there is a better solution elsewhere.