An email I received about making an app for this company:

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by andyplace, Sep 14, 2010.

1. andyplace macrumors member

So I'm an iOS developer, yadda yadda. These people contacted my developer support email address. If any else of you received this email, tell us here:

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

3. elwood2 macrumors member

What's the problem? Them wanting to copy someone elses app?

4. a7244270 macrumors newbie

The app they want you to copy is $2.99, this may be a way to get suckers to buy it.

My response

This is also a bit suspicious.

5. tpg macrumors regular

I'm not sure what to make of this... It could be a tactic to drive sales to this app, but how many people could they target with that email? I'm not sure it would be enough to warrant to risk of getting caught & then banned from the app store.

The IP address similarity could be explained if both websites used the same hosting company, which is not impossible by coincidence.

Having said that, you're completely right to ask them to send the app to you.

6. andyplace thread starter macrumors member

I posted this because personally I think this has to be the funniest, serious thing i've ever seen.

Seriously go to any high school on earth and ask if they'd want a "Chastity Ring App"....

7. olmucky macrumors newbie

I got this e-mail too. I followed your lead and asked for a gift copy of Purity Ring. Will see what happens. Any news from anyone else?

8. a7244270 macrumors newbie

9. W1MRK macrumors 6502

You made my day with that comment, Thanks. I love a good laugh. And you hit it on the nose.

10. return7 macrumors 6502