An enviromental-friendly stylish (!) laptop briefcase.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ZzBoG, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ZzBoG macrumors member

Hello everybody,

I'm considering a kool briefcase for my new MBP15.

Can anybody recommend something as stylish as knomobags.com but used with some modern materials..

The idea of running around with a piece of someones skin makes me dizzy. I don't like it at all. Not that I'm vegan or totally greenpi$$ed, but I think, that it's better to avoid using natural materials (to avoid destroying animals & plants), when it's possible, or at least for fun (please don't start this vegan-antivegan thing, it's all about the new briefcase here, nothing else).

The price should be not above the $200 mark. Is there something, made with nylon or smth else? I looked at the booqbag, but it seems to be a bit bulky and, hm, not stylish. As I said, www.knomobags.com stuff looks cool enough, but, alas they are all made of leather.

P.S. I am a male.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

You make it sound like they use human skin :p

3. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

timbuk2 makes very stylish, high quality bags. i love them. check under the laptop section. they have many different looks. and you can even build your own. we have four different ones in my family. theyre comfortable aswell.

4. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

5. Igantius macrumors 65816

You didn't make it quite clear - do you want a case that looks like those ones, but made out of a synthetic faux leather substitute?

Only 50% of the human race can say that.

6. ZzBoG thread starter macrumors member

Exactly! Or nylon or something else..

Offtopic:

Hmm... I think less than 50%... And what's wrong with that?

7. narongwit12 macrumors newbie

8. Igantius macrumors 65816

With the material, I actually meant did you mean fake leather (like you get get for jackets and shoes) as opposed to any kind of synthetic material. Anyhoo, I like Crumpler - funky and stylish.

My other remark was a quote from Joe Orton, not a scientific statement or a moral judgement.

9. ZzBoG thread starter macrumors member

Well... anybody else can recommend something less known, then Crumpler & Timbuk2? Those are too modern to my tastes... I want something of a more classical form, but made with modern materials...

10. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

Better odds me thinks.

I use a Swiss army mail carrier bag. Its very durable an has lots of room for books and such for University. I also use this which works awesome and looks good. It is soft on the inside and the zipper has material underneath so not to scratch the computer.

EDIT: The case also comes in 15" and 17"

11. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

It's not all that stylish, but I used my old thinkpad's briefcase, which worked fine (the compartment is a perfect fit for a 15" MBP). However, their build-quality is shoddy and the handle (plastic, can't be easily replaced) broke off after a while and now I'm also in the market for a similar briefcase.

12. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

check out this discussion on carrying cases.

i'm quite happy with my crumpbler bag mind you. it doesn't have the executive look your looking for but its very spartan and ergonomic.