An EXTREME Amount of Gratitude!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MatthewLTL, Mar 7, 2015.

1. MatthewLTL macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

This is just a post to say thanks to the kind and generous people here on MR.

Thanks goes out to user jbarley. His kind and generous nature has provided me with a 167MHz FSB MDD Motherboard from a 1.25GHz MDD.

Next thanks goes to user desantii. Her kind and generous nature has provided me with a Dual 1.25GHz MDD CPU (On it's way)

and last but not least my thanks goes out to user fuchsdh for their Kindness and generousity to not only me but to others here on MR for providing me with completely FREE copies of iLife '06, Dreamweaver 8 and Microsoft Office:mac 2004.

The kind nature of these three members means a lot to me.

Jbarley and Desantii - I will have your Money Order's coming your way to cover shipping of your items within the next 1-4 months (money is tight right now). I will send you BOTH Private Messages when your Money Order's are on their way.

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

That's quite fortunate, I would love to get those parts to upgrade my baseline Dual 867 MHz MDD. You did certainly owe those members a great thanks.

3. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

Well if your are interested you can get a Dual 1.25 for a MDD on eBay for 30 with free shipping. That was the one I was eying. A Dual 1.25 should be a huge boost until the Dual 1.33 comes down in price or until a cheap Dual 1.42 comes out. (i do find it odd that they have Dual 867 Dual 1GHz Dual 1.25 Dual 1.33 and Dual 1.42 yet dont have a Single 867, 1.33 or 1.42 for MDD. I also find it odd as to why they never offered the Mac Mini G4 iMac G4, eMac, iMac G5, or the PowerBook and iBook G4s with Dual Processors.... It really wouldnt take much more to make a DP eMac. I also find it odd they never offered a Mac Mini G5...

4. A.Goldberg, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2015

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

That's awesome to see our community being so supportive.

If USPS can get their compass pointed north and TiBook comes maybe I'll donate my G5 to someone if they'll pay the shipping. Or perhaps my 10 year old cousin who loves apple products and does not yet own anything more than an iPod and iPad. I won't have much need for it as my PPC needs will be satisfied.

5. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I have even thought of a G5 than thought to myself "why?" Nothing I use PowerPC for requires a G5 not to mention i can get a 1st gen Intel iMac C2D for about the same price as a G5 anyways... I do want to eventually get a iBook G3 clamshell... mainly for the wow factor, just to do some light web browsing when away from home (hell it'll be faster than my PocketPC im sure). This iBook is low on my list however because I have my Dell laptop i really have no use or need for another and I use my laptop for things i cannot do on PowerPC (like play sims 3 and HD Video) or other windows only games. Once i get around to maxing my laptop's RAM to 4GB PC2 667MHz DDR 2 RAM i can install Windows back on it and use it for games.

6. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I'm not sure why I'm quoted here in this response. I think you're responding to the wrong post in your notifications.

7. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

you mentioned your G5 and TiBook so that was my response to that :)

8. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I didn't say I was giving the G5 to you. You already have a number of computers. I also mentioned I would give it away, which does not mean selling it, it means giving it away for free. I'm not sure there is much software out there that requires a G5, but the G5 will do it faster than a G4.

9. MatthewLTL thread starter macrumors 68000

MatthewLTL

I know you never said you'd give it to me. I was simply saying that other than being faster I wouldnt buy a G5 because I could buy a iMac C2D for the same price the G5s go for. However IF you did decide to give the G5 to me I'd surely take it :) It would be nice to fiddle with one... I've never used a G5 before nor ever actually seen on (in person) before.