An HD Camera

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theapplefreak, Feb 6, 2009.

1. theapplefreak macrumors regular

I was wondering what is a VERy good full HD quality or 720p camera that is cheap, but has good quality.
    The Sony Webbie Hd camera isn't good, and I don't want a flip camera. So I was wondering what would be a good camera.
    I was looking at Sanyo Xacti's HD2000, but its about 800 dollars. Are there are good HD cameras that are around 500~700 dollars?
    Thanks
    If it can be cheaper, that would be great. :)

2. bntz313 macrumors 6502

HV20/30 is a cheap video camera also shoots in 24p 30p and others

3. HondaSUV4WD macrumors newbie

Here we go... Canon HV30 is the perfect HD camera. I've bought one for 399 at BestBuy and at this price, is a STEAL !!! The quality is AMAZING !!! It shoot on MiniDV Tapes so you don't loose any quality at all !!! Shooting on HDD will compress video. Check this site www.hv20.com !!!

Good Luck !!!

4. theapplefreak thread starter macrumors regular

Cool!, but the thing is, I want an HD camera that shoots SD cards. But oh well cause it would cost me money just to buy minidv's too.

5. HondaSUV4WD macrumors newbie

You can buy MiniDV Tapes for as low as 2$ !!! If you want quality, you definitely want to go miniDV

6. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Agreed. Some of the HDD and SD camera look pretty good, but mini DV will always be better. It's uncompressed. And mini DV tapes are pretty cheap these days, so...

7. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I am looking for the same thing! I searched everywhere and found that tapes have better quality, but I want to go with HDD/memory card because it's MUCH easier to transfer the files. Also, I'm not shooting for Hollywood or something, so it doesn't need to be topnotch :p Any suggestions for that?

PS sorry for hijacking your thread. :p

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

9. superwoman macrumors regular

Does the HV30 work on the Mac? It's not obvious from the description...

Also, I can't figure out what's the main difference between HV30 and HV20...

10. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

The video from a Sanyo Xacti is very good, but you're not buying it because it has the best HD video, you'd buy a HD2000 because it is the most portable HD camcorder - which means you'd carry it more with you and actually use it.