an HP ip printer question for Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gee, Mr Peabody, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Gee, Mr Peabody macrumors newbie

I know there have been a ton of posts regarding people having issues setting up HP printers with macs, so hopefully somebody can help with this as well.

I am attempting to connect a mac with leopard to a networked printer (HP Laserjet 5si) that had no problem connecting to Tiger.

I am not using Bonjour or applespeak or anything like that and I have reset the printers.

I have gone and named the queue correctly and when I put in the IP address it detects and auto sets the printer.

Whenever I print using any setting other than LPD it usually says the printer is busy when it is not, and when i do use LPD it prints crazy junk and then keeps on spitting out blank pages (this is a postscript error, yes?).

I have tried setting it to use the 9100 port and that made no difference.

Please let me know if you have any questions/suggestions!

Thank you!

2. torque2k macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with a new setup (running 10.5.2, new MBP model, to an HP 5Si/MX). Did you get your question answered? If so, what did you do to fix the problem? I'm going to try the latest drivers from HP today (dated 1/28/08)...

3. Kwill macrumors 68000

Kwill

I have large format printers and have been advised by HP to wait for new drivers before using Leopard. (Should be this month.) Check for new drivers on the web site, or if you have tech support, call and make inquiry for your model.