an I return/exchange my bluetooth keyboard and wireless mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by arvinb, Jun 30, 2008.

1. arvinb macrumors member

I just got my iMac with which I bought a wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse, and after hours of tweaking to get it to work with bootcamp, I realized that I can't live without a numpad on the keyboard and separate multiple buttons on the mouse (so I can use rocker motions, as well as being able to hold down the right mouse button and THEN hit the left mouse button, useful for games like Team Fortress 2).

I was also unenamored by the intermittent functioning of the keyboard when booting up, which is important for target mode, and ejecting stuck discs.

Would Apple allow me to return the keyboard and mouse for store credit/cash (I'd love to just buy the logitech wireless desktop) if I bought it WITH my imac, and also is it possible to do this by going to an apple store, when I bought the item online?

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

Just call up your local Apple Store and see what they say, generally it isn't a problem as long as you have the packing info/receipts.

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

They should definitely let you return it. If you are unhappy with the product and it falls within the return policy then I'd say you've go no problems.

4. arvinb thread starter macrumors member

So, an update for those curious. I called the local store and they told me I had to settle it over the phone, so I did.

I called, and a lovely young lady (who made small talk while looking my info up) informed me that since it was technically part of a custom system (i bought the wireless keyboard and mouse instead of the wired defaults), that they don't accept returns.

HOWEVER, she then immediately just went and sent me the wired keyboard (woo, numpad) and mouse (eh, still don't like it) for free, and I don't have to return the wireless versions.

Anyone wanna make me an offer for them?

5. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus