Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacunata

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
I copied iChat from one macbook pro to my macbook pro. It seems to work....for now...

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
The vastly majority of the problems with iChat, is the port, not the application itself. You have to open the port on your router, the same one on iChat.

Lacunata

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2008
While that may be true, the apple discussion boards are filled with people claiming their iChat has "crapped out" on them, mutiple fixes have been suggested, some, like me tried to port fix, (along with deleting the plist files, and restoring the program from time machine) but that still didn't help.

To make that a little more clear about what was going on with my situation,

My list of syptoms included iChat crashing, not being able to initiate text chat, or if i could, I couldn't see that i had sent anything, nor could i receive anything. Video and audi chat seemed to work well when the program was running. After many other tries at fixes (deleting plist files, restoring from time machine,) i just pulled iChat from my wife's computer, put it on a flash drive, then copied the application to my machine.

It still seems to work..,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.