An idea for a new jailbreak tweak...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yahoojames, May 22, 2011.

1. yahoojames macrumors newbie

I have no experience developing iOS apps, but I'd like to share an idea I had with the hope that someone will take it and run with it.

I use the passcode lock on my iPhone (like most users should). However, I work out of my house, so I'm always having to enter a passcode to unlock it.

It would be really helpful if a JB tweak could be developed that disabled the passcode feature whenever the device was connected to a specific (i.e. the home) WiFi network. I don't have any concerns about someone stealing my iPhone while at home. If the phone was out of the home WiFi range or connected to a different WiFi network (or off altogether), the passcode feature would be re-enabled. You could even extend this to a set of WiFi networks that you "trust" with having a disabled passcode (e.g. work, parents, etc).

Thoughts? Is this possible? Perhaps there is a JP app that does this already.

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

There is already one that does what your talking about, but I forgot what it was called.

3. jamisonbaines macrumors regular

on a similar note i would like an sb settings passcode toggle

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

CleverPin! Hurrah

5. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Agreed, that would be more useful than it automatically not asking for a passcode.

6. yahoojames thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. That was exactly what I was looking for.