An idea to avoid waiting weeks to get my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Captain America, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Captain America macrumors 6502

So, as some of you know, I've been rather unhappy with having to wait a couple of weeks to get my iPhone. For whatever reason, At&T put the money back in my account, so I had an idea.

I called my local Apple Store and asked them if they would allow me to create a new line for my iPhone without the account holder, unlike AT&T who wouldn't. They told me as long as I knew the account info and had two forms of ID, I was good to go.

Is this true? Because I'm just gonna take the money out of the bank and let the order fall through if it is. Also, I think I was only allowed to add one more line, which I used for my online order. Has that line officially been created yet, or not until the phone is shipped/received?

Thanks.

2. theturtle macrumors 6502a

dude seriously? why do you keep making new threads? why don't u just stick with one thread and post questions in the SAME thread. I bet you if you went android, you wouldn't have this issue.

3. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

It's the iphone 4S, NOT the iphone 5. There won't be lines longer than 3 to 4 people. If there is, go to another store and chances are you'll get in within minutes.

4. Captain America thread starter macrumors 6502

According to them, they're expecting a crap ton of people and to sell out quick. That store is normally crowded as hell, based on the couple of times I've been there. The store that's closest to me is definitely going to be the least crowded of the three as one is in the middle of a city and the other is in a major mall that's constantly packed.

But what of my questions about the line? Was that rep full of ish or will they let me do that? And will I even have that fifth line available to me or is it already taken by my order?

5. knoxtown macrumors 6502

Are you high?

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

7. Captain America thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. I used iPhones for two years straight. Can't stand using a dumbphone to hold me over. Other reasons that I won't get into as well.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Gotta agree, 9 new threads in the past 4 days? Seriously, please ****** or get off the pot.

9. Captain America thread starter macrumors 6502

Didn't know there was something wrong with asking questions. And if you don't like it, go away.

10. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Even if you take the money out, they're going to charge it when the device ships and you'll get another iPhone that you can either return or keep. You're gonna pay extra to keep another line plus you have to have a data plan since it'll have an iPhone tied to it.

11. fanboy05 macrumors regular

O.M.G. I dont know what this guy is smoking, but he needs to be sharing... i could use a break from reality.

12. Captain America thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not worried about them charging as supposedly Wells Fargo doesn't allow overdrafted withdrawals. And even if it does happen, as long as it's before Friday morning, I can put the money back.

I'll only be paying for the extra line (assuming I get just the one phone) and one data line. AT&T told me I'll be able to transfer the phone to my current line. This is only to save me from spending $549 in one shot.

13. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Judging by your username, you need to be sharing what you're smoking, not me.

14. Millionin20s macrumors regular

Dude, just go to the Apple Store in Ardmore and buy a damn phone. And if you can't get one on launch day, life goes on.

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I don't think you can add a line at an Apple store since many people had that issue last year. Also, adding a line is opening a new contract which requires the account holder to be present.

16. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

How much attention do you need OP? You seriously that bored??

17. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Yeah, :rolleyes: the biggest one day sale of ANY phone in the history of the mankind, and you don't think there will be lines like the other iPhone releases? :confused:

18. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

What lines? :confused:

Like I've said in another thread, I went into 2 Best Buy's and 2 Target's and got done at 11:30am and saw a line of 3-4 MAX at each store. I knew all the fanboys would pre-order it ahead of time or else swarm the Apple Store. But of course everybody would want to swarm the Apple Store. But they could easily hit up a Best Buy or Target or Walmart or AT&T or Sam's Club and get one within minutes like I have previously posted.

Guess you were wrong buddy. Reports online said the lines today were 75% shorter than the ipad 2 launch due to all the fanboys pre-ordering ahead of time like I posted earlier.

19. Sandman1969, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Guess I don't really care. Nice you had to send a message to "prove your right" as well. Hope you feel better.

Weird the stores around us had lines and sold out of their stock the first day. Coworker went by the Apple store in Reston at 6pm and they were still swamped.
    Both AT&T stores near us sold out the first day with their stock, as did our Best Buy.

Lines may have been shorter due to more stores selling it, but plenty of stores had the same exact lines as before and ran out of stock.

This was the biggest release day for iPhone ever. Both AT&T and Sprint had the biggest one day sales of any phone release on October 14th. Sprint broke their biggest day ever in 4 hours.

They are talking about weekend sales may hit 4 million!!!! :eek::eek:

So the "fanboy" preorder didn't stop the release day being a home run either.

20. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

Um, a LOT more places are selling it is the issue. I went to Sam's Club and they had some in TODAY. I don't think a lot of people knew. Thing's were different this year as 3 CARRIERS and their affiliated stores were carrying them. It's not like before where it was just ATT and Apple stores.

21. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Looks like all the others were the idiots. You were dead on. I only saw 2 people in a large ATT store on Friday. All the iphone 4s' you could ask for. Good job. :)

22. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

When did I say that the fanboys preordering would stop it from being a hit? I said there won't be nearly as long of lines due to all these different retailers and models being sold on launch day. That shouldn't be that difficult to understand. It's really an easy thing to predict if you're not an apple fanboy, that's why you still don't understand that concept.

Of course I am right, I'm not an apple fanboy, therefore, I think logically with my brain instead of illogically with my heart. :rolleyes: