An Idea

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ncbetz, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Hello,

I have put a great deal of thought into this, and I wanted to know what the community had to say about this. I personally think its a great idea, but I want to know what others think as well.

So, the idea is basically Amazon Prime, but for Apple. You would get all kinds of special exclusive perks for an annual, semi-annualy, quarterly, or monthly cost.

Perks:
    • Video Perks - Like Amazon Prime Instant Video, there would be "Prime" videos that you could watch for free.
      • For those of you who are unaware of this Prime perk, with Amazon Prime you have access to hundreds thousands of videos free (the other few thousand are the same price as Apple).
    • Shipping Perks - Like Amazon Prime, maybe either discounted faster shipping for all products and accessories on apple.com, or even free faster shipping.
    • Music Perks - You can subscribe to Apple Music at a discounted price, or maybe even free. You also have access to
    • iCloud - You get an extra 50 or maybe 100GB of storage free.
    • Apple Store - Possibly discounts on all iWork apps, or maybe even all apps made by Apple.
    This is just the beginning, and I am aware that Apple will probably never do this since people are already willing to pay for things as is, but hey, its fun to dream. I just feel it would be a nice option for those of us who buy from Apple regularly, and would just like some extra little things.

I know that if I had this it would pay off in the long run.

Cheers,
    Saphiria

P.S. If you have any more perks I should add, reply below and I will add it ASAP.

2. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I could use a new liver. :(

3. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

4. ncbetz thread starter macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Yes, but Amazon prices for Apple devices are not too good. Also, you cannot use the Amazon App on the Apple TV.

5. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Is this a a joke about Perks = Percocet? :)

I don't think the average joe orders too frequently from the Apple Store to make express shipping that enticing. Amazon on the otherhand sells everything.

I could see them maybe bundling a Streaming music, larger iCloud storage.

Apple is already toying with a la carte subscription based services for Apple TV. It's possible they could group channels together.

At this point I don't think they need to to sell their services.