An idea

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sparky8, May 1, 2007.

1. Sparky8 macrumors member

Whether or not it would be possible or not is another question. During class today i had thought about printers. At the moment i have to trabsfer files to my memory stick rom my mac and then onto a comp at collegeto print something. What if my macbook had a built in printer (lightweight) so you can just insert a piece of paper into a thhin but hidden slot at the bottom pf th case and have the printer print your work whenever you need it. What with HDD getting smaller in physical size but bigger in space would it be possible for printers do do the same?

2. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

3. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

It is a pretty cool idea. I don't see it ever happening, but cool none the less. In the future I see no more paper products.

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

5. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

6. EngBrian macrumors regular

I am not sure this would ever happen but I was just reading about a product in Popular Science (May issue) called Zink. It doesn't use ink but rather small and short heat pulses to activate crystals in the special paper. The article said they are thinking about putting them on cameras.

Personally I don't think I am going to print my thesis from my laptop and this tech isn't made to print 8.5" x 11" paper but I thought it fits in with what you are thinking.