An idiot needs help - did my MS Office disappear?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dschuma2, Jun 13, 2009.

1. dschuma2 macrumors newbie

My Microsoft Office icons in my dock have a gray question mark over them, leading me to believe that my Microsoft Office may be gone. Is this correct, or is there a way to retrieve them. I can't even access these programs through file paths.

Yesterday, I had aborted the automatic updates because I was in a hurry, so I'm guessing this had something to do with it. Do I have any options to get Office back?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Unless you removed it, your installation of Office is in the Microsoft Office folder in your Applications folder. If you removed your icons from the Dock but have changed your mind, then simply drag & drop your Office apps on the Dock. Voilà, your icons are back.

3. MKA-Mac macrumors newbie

"Office Dissapearence"

I've had Office not open before due to Automatic Update Abortion, but I've never had that happen, it should be in Applications.

:apple:

4. ihabime macrumors 6502

what happens when you right click on the icon in the Dock and select Show in Finder?

5. Laroosco macrumors member

This happened a while ago on my old iBook.

I went to open Word and it was gone. ? over the icon. The same thing happens to my System Preferences. They were both gone from the Applications folder. I'm still not sure where they went.