An "I'm happy" thread

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JonMPLS, Mar 16, 2012.

1. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I'm pretty impressed. I am upgrading from a well used iPad 1, and this is great. Delivered right on time (our FedEx guy said 20% of his deliveries today were the iPad 2). Transferred my unlimited ATT account with no problem. Restored from backup and it's working great. No screen problems, like the Targus Slim case, and also like my first white bezel frame! Cheers!

2. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

First gen upgrade for me and I'm very impressed. The task switching is smooth and I can really do more than one thing at a time without the unit keeling over or grinding to a crawl as it has to relaunch things as I went back and forth.

The screen is glorious and using the kindle app with the fonts on the smallest is quite "print like" and I'm really enjoying reading on this unit.

Did I mention how fluid task switching is :D

3. maclook macrumors 65816

I'm happy with my new white iPad, upgrading from a black iPad 2.

The screen will prove to be awesome throughout its lifetime but, for now, I'm a little sick of forcing myself to stare at every little thing to marvel at it.

4. Djay1 macrumors member

Ditto!!! :D:D:D

5. JonMPLS thread starter macrumors 65816

My biggest mistake was deciding to download my Navigon map set. If you have not done this before, it can take hours!!!

6. kerbero9 macrumors member

I'm very pleased as well. Coming from an iPad 2, the screen is absolutely gorgeous. Verizon LTE rivals my home Internet connection.

Couldn't be happier!

7. glen e macrumors 68030

happy camper here too....love the dictation...

8. Vastastheocean macrumors member

I'm happy as a fat kid eating cake. This blows the original iPad out of water.

9. Archer1440 macrumors 6502

Archer1440

Hear, hear. This thing is incredible. Full stop, end of story.

10. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Add my ringing endorsement to the bunch - coming from an original iPad, this thing is absolutely amazing. It's so thin! And wow, that screen. Just wow.

11. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

Despite my one dead pixel I'm more than happy with my new iPad. Really love the display and as soon as they fix uPad to work with the retina display I'll be all set with my new toy. :D

:apple:

12. DaveOP macrumors 65816

It's an awesome device for sure. My parents have an iPad 2 and I don't see the need to upgrade from that, but from my galaxy tab this this is night and day.

13. soltz14 macrumors newbie

I want to thank those that preordered. Seems like after all these years, Apple finally got it right. I purchased this morning, opened to find dead pixels, drove back to the Apple store this afternoon and was still able to exchange it. QC will always be an issue for Apple, however, since their products are so mass produced.

14. GaiaAero macrumors regular

I am REALLY happy. This is my first iPad and so far there are no problems at all! And I was able to walk into an Apple store and exchange my 16GB to a 32GB so this has been a really great day for me :apple:

15. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

I didn't want an iPad until it got LTE and retina display so this is my first iPad and so far after a few hours I'm fairly happy. I'm waiting until my next pay check or two before I go app crazy (because lets face it cool hardware needs software too!). I'm just anal/paranoid/anxious in general and freak when there isn't "perfect" technology so I'm examining the device for any defects (OCD? Maybe :( ) to make sure I didn't get a lemon.

Cant wait to download some comics to this and rip movies to it.

16. misc macrumors newbie

I lurrrrrve it. (caresses it dreamily)
    No but really. So good. :)

17. Anonymouslives macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

I think I'm happy with it. I don't really notice that much of a difference yet. I haven't noticed any negative issues with it yet though

18. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I have no dead pixels and even screen brightness, no scratches or dings. Only thing is that there's a slightly warm color to the screen, but I'm going to keep it for at least a week or so before making a decision on exchanging or not. I think it's okay, just warmer than I'm used to.

The screen clarity is GORGEOUS! :)

19. aypues macrumors regular

Mine is pretty perfect too! The only thing I really notice is the screen is much more saturated with color...almost like plasma vs lcd color saturation! It's not quite as bright bright as my iPad1, but I can turn it up a bit in the settings. I'm REALLY happy it goes a lot darker at its lowest brightness level. That will be nice for reading late at night in bed or changing settings at night while driving (quickly).

It was SO easy to transfer my unlimited data plan too.
    Overall I'm impressed! Glad I skipped the iPad2 and held out for the retina and LTE. Voice dictation is excellent.

20. scupking macrumors 6502a

I'm happy. Love the screen. Just wish I didn't put my finger prints all over it. Lol

21. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

Very happy. Gave away my iPad 1 about 8 months ago because I thought the new iPad was just around the corner. I missed having this slab of meta and glass.

Tom

22. preston181 macrumors member

I'm pretty happy. I still have yet to play with it fully. I've spent the last few hours recovering my data and apps previously bought on my iPod Touch, getting my purchased music, tweaking my settings, and now uploading a backup to the cloud.

I'll be going all out on it as soon as the backup finishes in 7 minutes.

23. BizRunner macrumors member

BizRunner

Surprise iPad

I'm a very happy camper. I went to the Apple Store with my parents just to look at the new iPad. I ask if they have any more 64GB white wifis just out of curiosity, and they say they have a bunch. My dad says happy birthday/high school graduation and he says I'll take one! Greatest. Day. Ever.

24. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I am very pleased as well, however, this is what the iPad 2 should have been.

25. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I'm happy, and I only have an iPad 2. I can only imagine how happy all you folks are!:D

ENJOY:D