An iMac for my Grandma

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by codyc815, Jul 20, 2009.

1. codyc815 macrumors member

I'm a 19 year old college student, my grandma bought my a new iMac last year (my first mac) for college, my dad helped her pick it out. She doesn't know much about computers but she would like an easy to use one for just the internet. She has a basic compaq but she hates it because its hard for her to use. I think a Mac is exactly what she needs. I would like to find her a refurbished white iMac but I'm not sure the best place to get one. eBay has some but I've never bought technology from there before. Apple used to have them but I haven't seen one in months. If anyone knew a trusted source and what I should be looking for when getting one or any other advice, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

4. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

eBay and craigslist was mentioned, but I have had very good luck with PowerMax.com in Washington state. They also run ads on this website. Good prices on used, new, and refurbished. Hope this helps.

5. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

What about an imac G3 you can get one on eBay very very cheap ($20-$50) great for internet and email and if it breaks no big deal.

6. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I hope you're kidding. Sarcasm is hard to detect in text.

I agree with Airforcekid. Maybe an iMac G4 would be better. The G4s look better, that's for sure.

7. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

Yes, I am kidding. Isn't that what the :p is for?

8. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I was never good with text-based sarcasm.

9. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...right now in the refurb store they have both models of mini and the current gen whitebook for good prices...