Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I am absolutely floored with joy and awe right now. As some of you may know, my Unibody MacBook Pro has been in for service multiple times for ethernet issues, a loose battery cover, etc. It may help to browse through my other thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/689373/. Basically, I recieved piss poor customer service through the whole ordeal, was lied to as to where my Mac was, and many other problems along the way.

After nearly giving up on contacting Apple and being heard, I posted a thread on Apple's Support Discussions website. Here's a link to my post- http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1984979&tstart=0. It's essentially the same thing I said on here. I received very little feedback on there and pretty much accepted the fact that nothing was going to be done.

Today, 3:34PM, the phone rings with a number I don't recognize. I almost didn't answer but I figured hey, what the hack, I'm just sitting here doing nothing. I hesitantly picked up.

"Hello?"
"May I please speak with Craig H____."
"Speaking..."
"Hi Craig. This is Brett. I work for Apple and am a moderator for our online support forums. I recently read your post about the service and issues you've had with your MacBook Pro. Do you have a minute to talk?"

At this point I'm already in enough shock that someone from Apple is calling me because they read about a post I made on their forum. He asked me to explain the whole situation, and I did. He said Apple was very sorry about the whole situation and that the complaint I had previously filed with another AppleCare employee had reached a person of "very high level" at Apple.

We continued to talk about the situation and how the service was. Just as the conversation started dieing down, he said on behalf of Apple, they'd like to offer a gift to make sure I remained a loyal customer and was happy. One free year of MobileMe is being overnighted to me. In addition, he gave me his email and phone number if I ever need further assistance with Apple.

Amazing. He said that although all content is moderated on their support forum, only pretty big issues can receive a phone call. This kind of support isn't found with other companies like Dell or HP. Thank you, Apple.

MacLadybug

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
I love hearing this stuff...

Wonderful! It's good to know that someone is listening. Best they know how we all appreciate that kind of service. I never read all your Unibody Woes... did everything finally get sorted out? Is your computer working perfectly now?

brosmooth

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2009
very cool story, i was quite pleased when i had to contact apple service too, though it looks like it took a while longer to get a good apple rep

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Nice.

Only an Apple fan boy could be happy with a free year of something they will bleed you for $100 a year thereafter. :D

lozanoj83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2006
Southern California
Nice to hear...
I got a free nano and incase backpack because of all my issues, so Apple will take care of you, as long as you say something.
Btw, whats going to happen to your MBP?

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
I have always had good things with apple. THey replaced like 7 ipod nanos for me that were 4 years out of warrenty 2 of those were for the battery overheating issue and the others were mistakes i had made with them (thats why i had so many). I even contacted them about an ibook i purchased off of eBay that had the moitor issue were if you pushed it to far back you couldnt see anything. They told me that if i could within 5 years they could have fixed it for me but since it was 6 years old there was nothing the could do. They did see the amount of iPods I have purchased over the years and the imac that I recently bought and said for being such a valued customer they would offer me $150 off a new mac and a free 1gb ipod shuffle. I had the pass on the $150 but received the shuffle in which i recently sold on ebay to buy the 3rd gen shuffle.
Note: I called toshiba about my laptop that was 13.5 months old and they told be they could do nothing and hung up.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Wonderful! It's good to know that someone is listening. Best they know how we all appreciate that kind of service. I never read all your Unibody Woes... did everything finally get sorted out? Is your computer working perfectly now?

Very good to know someone is listening. He said that ALL complaints filed over the phone are indeed read. Some just happen to get forwarded on.
Well as far as getting sorted out, this is pretty much the extent of it. I have my MBP and its working. I'm still having a little trouble with the ethernet but I'm pretty sure it's my network at this point.
Great story, glad you got something for free :)
very cool story, i was quite pleased when i had to contact apple service too, though it looks like it took a while longer to get a good apple rep

;)

Nice.

Only an Apple fan boy could be happy with a free year of something they will bleed you for $100 a year thereafter. :D

Ha. I started realizing that after I got off the phone. Oh well, one year free sounds good to me. I had been wanting to get it anyway. But fanboy, I'm not. I use my Vista machine religiously as well. :eek:

Nice to hear...
I got a free nano and incase backpack because of all my issues, so Apple will take care of you, as long as you say something.
Btw, whats going to happen to your MBP?

Nice.
Nothing is going to happen to my MBP right now. I would've loved my "gift" to be AppleCare for the computer as I'm pretty sure I'll use it at some point down the road, but hey, I'm more than happy with what happened today. I still can't believe it.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I have always had good things with apple. THey replaced like 7 ipod nanos for me that were 4 years out of warrenty 2 of those were for the battery overheating issue and the others were mistakes i had made with them (thats why i had so many). I even contacted them about an ibook i purchased off of eBay that had the moitor issue were if you pushed it to far back you couldnt see anything. They told me that if i could within 5 years they could have fixed it for me but since it was 6 years old there was nothing the could do. They did see the amount of iPods I have purchased over the years and the imac that I recently bought and said for being such a valued customer they would offer me $150 off a new mac and a free 1gb ipod shuffle. I had the pass on the $150 but received the shuffle in which i recently sold on ebay to buy the 3rd gen shuffle.
Note: I called toshiba about my laptop that was 13.5 months old and they told be they could do nothing and hung up.

Geez. Sounds like Apple likes you. ;)

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Well less than 12 hours after shipping, and 18 hours after receiving the phone call from Apple, the MobileMe arrived this afternoon. :D

I uploaded a pic from my iPhone straight to MobileMe...first pic on there.
Here it is, in it's full-size.
web.jpg

I am one happy Apple customer.

MBAir

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
Well less than 12 hours after shipping, and 18 hours after receiving the phone call from Apple, the MobileMe arrived this afternoon. :D

I uploaded a pic from my iPhone straight to MobileMe...first pic on there.
Here it is, in it's full-size.
web.jpg

I am one happy Apple customer.

Liar, the package says Tuesday 9 and today is 29th!!!!

j/k mate! Amazing customer services! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.