An IPCC that needs no changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Transeau, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Hey guys

For those that have been unable to get MMS & Tethering & VVM all working, I've made this IPCC. I have tested it on mine, my wife's and my friend's 3GS & 3G's. So far, it's working perfectly and no changes are needed to the network settings.

MMS was also enabled WITHOUT calling AT&T. Simply by changing the phone type in my account, and selecting the shared unlimited messaging package. Once that was done I sent a single MMS with my old AT&T 8525 to verify that it worked.

I hope this helps you guys and saves some troubles.

Grab it here:
    http://files.me.com/intrus101/ll6851

2. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

How do you install this? It is not working for me.

3. veritech137 macrumors newbie

MMS finally works, wow. I'm impressed. Top notch!

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Thanks, my neighbor was not able to get MMS/Tethering/VVM up on his two iPhones, until NOW....:cool::cool::cool:

I'm tethering right now from the Agua Caliente Hotel Resort Spa in Palm Springs, CA...AWESOME

5. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

6. jcorb46529 macrumors newbie

No reason to sticky if it does not work for everyone. Tried it on my 3Gs and it didn't work. Tried resetting network settings, still nothing. Tried to reboot phone and still no go. I am on OS 3.1.

7. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

I can't get it to work...for a different reasaon.

I've emailed myself IPCC files before no problem. Now when I email it I can't click on the file and have install.

It does nothing. Tried to put it on AirShare, no luck. Put it up on my SharePoint site and tried iShare, no luck. Tried my Gmail, Yahoo, and Exchange mail.

8. Alipor macrumors newbie

It seems as tho 3.1 does some things a little different, When in the network, there is no voicemail apn for me, also it looks as tho it keeps verifying with the network to make sure your phone should be able to do mms. Which goes along with what someone said, ATT has to have a way to disable gen 1 phones from sending MMS which is stupid, but I can see it.

9. Transeau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Transeau

As you know, by reading your NDA... 3.1 is beta and may not function the same as 3.0. This ipcc was made for 3.0 with a family messaging plan. Not 3.1. I am not an iPhone developer, so I have no access to 3.1 or it's documentation to verify support.

Sorry.

10. i eversaw macrumors regular

i eversaw

Installed on 3gs. Still does the stopping around 90% when sending thing...:(

11. Apple Guru macrumors member

This doesn't work! I can't get it to be enabled on iTunes 8.2. I can enable my old carrier file, but not the new one. It's grey out. The file names are even identical.

12. Transeau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Try downloading it with Firefox. Safari has a habit of decompressing it.

13. Transeau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Can you verify that you are able to send with you iPhone SIM in a phone other than the iPhone? Also, you have a family shared messaging plan, and your phone number has something OTHER THAN an iphone listed?

14. Transeau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Transeau

This isn't an offical ipcc file, you will have to install it via iTunes.

15. newportpaco macrumors member

All the other carrier files have let me tether and at one point I had a camera icon on my old 3g, I have a new 3gs and I cant get it to even let me try MMS (no camera). What am I doing wrong?

16. Apple Guru macrumors member

Why are the MMS settings blank on the phone? I finally got to view the camera icon, but it won't let me send. I have all the proper settings as you are stating. Any ideas?

17. GravityEyes macrumors regular

GravityEyes

Same here, i apply the IPCC and the camera icon in Messages disappears and there is no MMS option in Settings... hmmm.

18. Apple Guru macrumors member

Seems like MMS is a case by case basis. There seems to be no full proof way to get every iPhone to work. All we can do is try to copy someone else's settings. I'm just going to wait for AT&T.

19. Transeau thread starter macrumors 6502a

Transeau

AT&T has been actively blocking MMS for iPhone users. That is why you have to send and receive an MMS on another type of phone first. That will unblock the MMS for a short time. That time can be 10 minutes up to 72 hours.

Mine had been working for 2 days with that ipcc, and just stopped this morning. Though my VVM and tethering are still working fine.

20. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Hi,

I've been looking for alternatives to the itunes 8.2 install that people mention as I don't have itunes 8.2 and the versions that I did download to my MAC still dont' allow you to install the IPCC file.

As you're one of the few who has mentioned emailing IPCC's I was hoping you could give me some help on what needs to be done.

For example, when I pull off the bundle file I want to replace from my phone I note that the format of the file is way different to XML based IPCC file I want to install. Is this something that gets converted during the install process?

Many thanks in advance
    Barry

21. bdsmyth macrumors regular

iTunes can't be the only way to do it. I've tried every version of iTunes I can get on the MAC (including 8.2 (23))and none of them allow me to select the IPCC file (and yes I've used terminal first etc.)

Has anyone got any other approaches that have worked for them? What about SSH?

Thanks!

22. James.123 macrumors regular

How do I do the second step where you change your phone type and then change the messaging package? Do I need a family plan or just unlimited package? Can someone who got this to work post screen shots of what they did to change their AT&T account settings? Thanks