An issue with my new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Karpfish, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Ok, So I gave in and got a new MBP after the keynote on tueday and it arrived thursday. It's a BTO, the 2.4 with the 7200RPM HD, the 4GB RAM i got from OWC. I'm having an issue with my MBP waking from sleep. A few times already since thursday when I have gone to open my MBP and wake it from sleep, the screen simply won;t turn on. I can hear some noise coming from the computer so I now it is on, but it doesn't wake up. Then I have to go and restart it, which really shouldn't happen. I haven't tried resetting PRAM yet, but I will in a minute. I also did repair permissions, btu I don't think that has anything to do with this. Anyone else experience this issue?

2. TaylorB macrumors regular

This happened to me quite recently with my MBP which I got a day after you got yours, and I'm nervous since I have had to turn it off the hard way too. It doesn't seem like you should have to do that with such a new computer, so I also have the same question.

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

4. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

5. eddietr macrumors 6502a

It happens very rarely to me (once every few weeks), but I haven't had to restart.

Usually I just close the lid again, wait til it's definitely sleeping (two or three "breaths" on the light) and then open again and it's fine.

Once I just tried adjusting the brightness on the monitor down and then up and that worked. In that case it was obvious to me everything was on but the screen.

6. Karpfish thread starter macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

Ugh. Leopards killing me. The airport dropping issue is also annoying me. My external speakers just stopper working, which is annoying me. I know its not an issue with my computer because when i touch the tip of the connector it doesnt make any noise so something must be dead/disconnected, but its just annoying:mad: