An odd and funny problem caused by dead strip :(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MikeonTV, Aug 20, 2010.

1. MikeonTV macrumors regular

This is a strange issue. I hav a 2G iPhone that I'm not particularly ready to give up on. I use pay as you go so it's perfect.

Since it is old it has had it's share of hardware issues and recently a "deaf strip" appeared in the middle near the top of the touch screen.

*dead strip is when a horizontal line about half an inche thick is no longer responsive to touch :(*

I have lived with it for a week now and I would be okay with keeping it this way except for one problem - I can't ever dial the number 4, 5 or 6!

I've gone through cydia to see if there were any different dialers that don't have the 4, 5 & 6 buttons in the same place but to no avail!

Does anyone know an alternative dialing screen so I can dial the numbers 4, 5 & 6?

2. Bunkergoo macrumors newbie

3. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Let it go man, let it go. LOL at some point people have to accept that being cheap does not = new technology. I think you'd find that shelling out a bit more money will net you a much cooler/faster phone.

4. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

This was somewhat a common problem with the original iPhones, I had it myself (but got a replacement). The fix was to increase the screen touch sensitivity. Look here for an example of what to do. You probably won't be on 1.x or 2.x but hopefully the procedure is similar.