An odd little quirk... that's very annoying

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Naajaw, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Naajaw macrumors newbie

Alright, I recently came across an odd problem which I've never encountered before and can't begin to understand how it happened.

So, I've been taking sports pictures for my High School yearbook, and I like to go through them and delete the bad ones before I throw them into Photoshop, using a really large cover flow display. Now, usually, I can just use the arrow keys and command-delete them with the keyboard shortcut, and the next file is selected.
    All of the sudden, the selected file fails to select the next file after I move the previous file to the trash; it just deselects. So I have to click on the next file.

Now, I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, and it really isn't. but it severely slows me down and is rather irritating, having to delete, then click, then scroll down to the next bad picture. It's worse when I forget to click to select and pressing an arrow key brings me to the top of folders with 300-500 pictures on it.

So, if any of you are really bored and have nothing to do than to help solve such a minuscule problem, I'd really appreciate it.

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Not really, this is a functional design choice on Apple's part.